With increase in awareness and arrival of advanced technologies to help in identification of rare genetic diseases, improvement of patient care and disease management, it becomes important to understand who is among the best Genetic Testing Companies.
In India, there are more than 40 Genetic Testing Companies offering their services in various parts of the country. We have tried to identify and shortlist the Top 5 Genetic Testing Companies in India, which operate on a national level and are known to everyone for services, flexibility, reach to small cities and price for their products. Read on to know more.
Update: 19-02-2021 : Eurofins is no longer in top 5 as they have mostly closed the genetic testing in India. LifeCell is good player making in top 5 primarily due to NIPT.
Medgenome is a Bangalore based Genetic Diagnostics Company. With collaboration of SciGenom Labs, USA, Medgenome was started in 2013 and has been a leader and front runner in genetic testing services in India. Since they are oldest, they have most comprehensive menu covering all range of diseases from Neurology, Oncology, Gynecology, Child Disorders etc. Besides that, they have most competitive rates in market and highest share of samples testing.
Pros: Almost every genetic test is available at very effective costs. Also, doctors know this company by name and their reliability is also quite promising. They are leader for NIPT and Clinical Exome
Cons: Recent indications report that there have been some downfall in doctor’s satisfaction based on report quality.
Oncology, Reproductive Medicine, Inherited Disorders, Research, Delhi. RCL is booming in genetic testing industry. They are the only company to provide Gut Microbiome testing in India in collaboration with Leucine Rich Bio.They have seen considerable growth in few months of launch with high quality testing and effective marketing strategy. Recently, they have tiedup with Ambry Genetics, USA to offer their world class services in India. This association may become a game changer for RCL.
Previously known as Strand Genomics, Strand Life Sciences is based out of Bangalore. Strand Genomics tied up with Triesta Sciences to offer comprehensive cancer screening tests. Strand is involved in Clinical Diagnostics, Bioinformatics and Research. Their major focus is on Cancer Genetics but they also offer all kind of tests for Neurology, Women Health, Infectious Diseases and wellness.
Cons: They have main reliability in Cancer Genetics
Read More about: Understanding Cancer Genetics
Born in 2011, Lilac Insights offers genetic testing for reproductive medicine especially NIPT. They are planning to enter into Cancer Genetics as well. Lilac offers both genetic and routine biochemical analysis for reproductive genetics and newborn screening
Pros: They are quite popular and renowned name among fetal medicine experts and gynecologists. Lilac provides genetic testing for new born screening as well.
Cons: They are good only for gynecological and child health.
Read more about: Guide to Non Invasive Prenatal Testing
Other Genetic Testing companies are:
Sandor Life Sciences is a Hyderabad based firm. They established in 2007 and since then they have accumulated a large number of products under their offering.
Pros: They cover wide variety of genetic tests including New Born Screening, Proteomics, Cytogenetics, Molecular Genetic Diagnostics etc.
7. iGenomix- Reproductive Medicine, Delhi
8. MapMyGenome– Inherited Genetic Disorders, Hyderabad
Read More about: Gut Microbiome Testing
9. Centogene– Oncology, Inherited Genetic Disorders and Reproductive Medicine, Germany
10. S N Genelab– Surat and Ahmedabad. Oncology, Immunogenetics and others.
11. DNA Forensics: Delhi
12. Genes2Me: subsidiary of Imperial Life Sciences, Multiple offerings, Delhi. Recently Gene2Me have launched direct to consumer genetic testing to detect risk for future diseases.
13. Core Diagnostics: Oncology, Reproductive Medicine and Inherited Disorders, Delhi
14. iGenetic Diagnostics: Multiple offerings, Mumbai
15. GeneTech– ATS GeneTech Pt Ltd, Multiple Offering, Hyderabad
16. DNA Labs India: Paternity testing and others, multiple locations across India
17. Datar Genetics: Oncology, Nasik
18. Positive Biosciences: Oncology and other, Mumbai
19. Anderson Diagnostics: Multiple offerings, Chennai
20. Supratech Labs: Multiple Offerings, Ahmedabad
21. PanGenomics International Pvt Ltd: Multiple offerings, Ahmedadbad
22. Perkin Elmer Genetics: Multiple Offerings, Chennai and USA
23. GeneExplore, Ahmedabad– Oncology, IVF and Research
24. Dr Lal Path Lab, Delhi– IVF, Neurology and others.
25. TruGeny– Mother and Child, Cancer and Cardiac. Good genetic counselling option available too. Bangalore
The list provided above include companies that have operations on National level across India. There are many other companies who are working in particular cities or states however, they have not been included in this list as the numbers are very large. Also few national level companies may have been missed.
In terms of Genetic Testing and reliability almost all companies are using the same technologies. While choosing a company, it’s commitment to quality, experience in genetic testing industry, and price offered should be considered along with doctors recommendations.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get new content delivered to you immediately.
Share and like. Contact us for suggestions and feedback